Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Waiting, Wondering

Waiting for an important potentially life-changing answer is never fun. I have been waiting for an answer about a job that I interviewed for last Tuesday at a large advertising agency in North County. I am starting to really get anxious and hope that this growing anticipation over the last week is going to be worth it. I am positive and confident that I did my best and feel as though it is meant to be, but you never know.

The interview went really well. I nailed all the questions they had. Had some really good questions of my own. Not to mention the second gentleman I interviewed with just happened to live where I grew up and worked at the same company my sister used to work for. We hit it off from the start and I feel that having that connection gave me a solid leg up.

I did my due diligence after the interview. I emailed my interviewer shortly after and thanked him for his time, as well as sent a thank you card to keep me fresh in his mind. It's been a week and maybe I am overreacting but I am still seeking a response or at least an idea of when I should expect to hear back.

This waiting game is stressing me out. Trying not to be stressed at a time like this is hard. I am poor, burnt-out from job searching, and starting to lose all hope in this economy. I am hoping to hear back today and prove all my doubts wrong. Send positive vibes my way please.

1 comment:

  1. I waited a month to get an interview. Then, I waited another 3 weeks to hear back and got a job offer.

    "Honey is sweet, but the bee stings."
    Sometimes you have to suffer to enjoy something.

    ReplyDelete