Monday, March 8, 2010

Help a Girl Out

So here I am a few months from graduation and with a huge dilemma on my hands. I am deciding on whether to stay in San Diego or move to Chicago.

Now, I know you are thinking….why on earth would you want to move away from San Diego to live in the cold?...well for a few reasons….
First off, I have family back in Minnesota that I would love to be able to visit more often. Plus the opportunities for advertising/marketing jobs are more abundant in Chicago and I feel if I have the chance to move and try new places…now is the time to do it!

I visited Chicago a couple times last year (granted not in the deathly winter, but none the less I love it!) I have lived in cold weather for most of my life so adjusting really would not be that bad. I actually miss wearing jackets and boots sometimes. My family thinks I am crazy to want to move from such a great place (I think they just don’t want to have to pay for hotel rooms when they decide to visit San Diego).

However, San Diego is a great place to live. No one can argue that statement. I have been here for over four years and have loved every minute of it. To be able to wear flip-flops year round is truly a big perk, and living five minutes from the beach really doesn’t hurt either.

What should I do?

I’m open to all form of suggestions, comments, professional advice, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment