Monday, March 22, 2010

Quite a Night


Few interns ever get the chance to attend professional events. This last Friday I got the honor of attending the San Diego ADDY Awards with the Bailey Gardiner advertising crew.

In case you are unaware, the ADDY Awards are the world’s largest advertising competition. The competition gives students and professionals the chance to showcase their creative work and be recognized for their efforts. If you win, your work gets sent to compete based on your district and then those winners get sent to the national advertising competition.

As a current marketing/advertising student, I was more than excited to get the chance to attend. My day began by running around and looking for table tent stands (which, by the way if you are ever in need of table stands, I suggest purchasing online. After running errands I helped set up for the event and I even helped create an awesome creative backdrop featuring ADDY’s posters.

Putting all the fun aside, more importantly I got the chance to network with locals in the advertising business and even got a couple business cards (Go Me!) I’m sure everyone can agree on how important networking is in this business and chances like this come far and few for students.

Overall, I really enjoyed getting the chance to see a lot of great creative work from local San Diegans. I really want to thank Bailey Gardiner for giving me the chance to tag along and want to send out congrats on winning five awards!

Way to go BG!

No comments:

Post a Comment