Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Second to Breathe...

So here I am 3 months from graduation and more busy than I have ever been in my life. Hey, I’m not complaining! I actually thrive off of being busy. Upon taking the internship here are Bailey Gardiner I knew I would be taking on a lot, but I’m really glad I got the opportunity to do so. In the three weeks I have been here I have researched more about advertising for cycling apparel then you could imagine and am getting use to the giant over-powering printer. Plus, I got to attend a vendor meeting which gave me a brief snippet about what my future may be like if I continue down this path.

As a server, it really takes me some time getting use to sitting down on my butt for five hours straight. So if you see me meandering around the office just smile and realize I don’t have ADD, I’m just stretching. As for learning Mac, I have taken it in with ease. As a business student I have grown accustomed to PC’s and was a little hesitant (read: anti) Mac, but I feel we are really growing to have a wonderful relationship with one another.

When I’m not learning new things here at Bailey Gardiner I spend most of my time at Red Lobster (no, I really don’t like the bread anymore, but if you want me to bring you some I can!) I’m also finishing up my degree and will graduate this May (YAY!!) In doing so, I hope that I will have gained a lot of experience here at Bailey Gardiner that will take me places in my future.

So after spending 50+ hours a week on working and school it can be hard to relax and get a second to breathe, but I must admit I love it. As long as you enjoy what you do it never really feels like work. I can’t wait to learn more about advertising and put my skills to use. As for now…Coffee is my new best friend as are bagels!

No comments:

Post a Comment