Friday, June 10, 2011

Things I am Liking...

It's been a while since I last blogged on Feed the Interns and boy, do we need to catch up! I'll be here all summer with a colorful cast of characters inhabiting the in the desks at Bailey Gardiner.

For my first entry of the summer season, I'd like to share some things that have caught my attention lately.

1. I'm liking (aka loving!) the intern corral at the
Bailey Gardiner office. As I begin my extended internship at BG, I'm excited to announce that I have a lot of company in here! There are four full-time interns this summer... creative intern Alessa Sotelo, ad intern Michael Harris and PR interns Ashley Shafer and your's truly.

2. I'm liking the
NYC PR Girls Blog. These three sassy ladies working in the big apple share fashion trends, industry events and hot spots in the city. A recent post, Summer Intern Survival Guide, is a great read for fellow interns. My favorite "Must Have" is a journal. It's a great way to catalog your thoughts after a hard day's work. Track things you're proud of as well as opportunities to grow.

3. I'm liking Facebook Insights and
Google Analytics. A slightly nerdier thing to admire but I'm serious. I'm helping the BG team out with the Del Mar Racetrack account this summer and focusing a lot on social media. You can learn some pretty awesome stuff from both of these tools. All PR pros and new pros should utilize these facts and figures.

4. I'm liking this super neat-o consumer PR meets social media meets tech
campaign. I found this little gem on Twitter a few days ago. TopShop, a trendy little store in New York (and a few other international cities) will feature the iPad, Instagram and Facebook to create an awesome in-store digital experience this summer. Customers wanting to participate will get a free styling session and their make up done. Then they can snap a pic on the new iPad 2 in their TopShop outfit and select an Instagram filter. Next, the customers turned models can print their photo and upload it to Facebook. Talk about integration!

5. I'm liking @SFMoMA's tweets - Who ever is responsible for this Museum's tweets deserves a high five! Their tweets are human, funny and engaging. Last week, they asked what modern artists inspired a tattoo you have, or who would inspire you to get one. They had so many responses that they put together a collage! How cool is that?


What are you liking lately? Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. We are also liking "Sweet Disposition" radio station on Pandora!

    ReplyDelete