Thursday, June 30, 2011

Interactive Advertising



This past year something wonderful happened in my life: the San Francisco Giants won the World Series. The Giants are by far my favorite sports team and have given me headaches since I was very young when they kept finding new creative ways to lose. Their championship gave me a huge boost and sense of joy that I haven't experienced in my lifetime surrounding sports.
The one player that probably most benefited from the championship is Brian Wilson. His combination of a ferocious fastball and even more ferocious beard has made him excessively marketable. Major League Baseball used his growing persona and began a marketing campaign surrounding him and his beard. Fans are able to go to a web page where they can click on sections of his beard and watch a short video of what happens at that section. I spent 35 minutes one night clicking on the different sections and laughing my tail off at the imaginative happenings that take place within Brian's beard.
This style of interactive advertising has been utilized more and more lately as advertisers find new ways to grab consumers attention. Below are a few of my favorites that I have seen.

In this hilarious interactive you-tube video Tipp-EX allows the viewer to choose interactions between a bear and a hunter. Type in "eats" and "marries" for a good laugh.

This website won the Webby award for best use of online media. On the sight the user is able to get creative with some portraits and submit them to the sight. The portraits are used later in an online mu sic video for the song. The first video they made was pretty cool.

Really cool ad. Cannes film festival asked people to submit videos to bring attention to a world cause. In this entry you can move your mouse over the items in the video to see the prices. One of the things for sale holds some shock value.





No comments:

Post a Comment