Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Little Italy, Home Sweet Home

Hello World,

Not only have I had a blast spending the last few months getting to know the staff and goings-on at Bailey Gardiner, but I've also had the opportunity to further acquaint myself with Downtown San Diego, an area I previously refused to drive around in (one-way streets have never been my thing).

Just before I started in January, the office picked up and relocated from Hillcrest, a move many at BG were excited about. I'm here to say that the enthusiasm for the new digs is still goin' strong, as I received many a chipper response to a recent inquiry of mine. Since I am going to be interning here until June (yay!), I thought I'd send some love to BG's new(ish) Little Italy neighbors and share the responses from my question: "What is your favorite thing about Little Italy?"

Drumroll please...

  • Erika DiProfio: I love my new running path- straight through Little Italy, down to the Embarcadero and through Seaport Village. Makes my runs go by a lot faster.
  • Katy Harrison: It's a great place to go for a run - we can just make our way down to the harbor. As for eats, I love Spicy PickleFormaggi's for lunch and InFlux is great for coffee meetings with clients, friends or colleagues.
  • Katie Levien: The fabulous running route along the embarcadero. Woot!
  • Carrie Shields: Windows. Lots of windows. Designated parking spots and fewer homeless. And access to so many great restaurants and boutiques.
  • Alex Tuthill: Does Mexican Fiesta count?? JK I love how clean and beautiful it is.
  • Lizzie Younkin: Everyone boasts about Mexican Fiesta (YUM) but you can cut the line by going to Taco Express. Just as good but way quicker! I'm a secret fan of the frozen yogurt place. And there's nothing better than jogging along the bay, past the Star of India and through Seaport Village. We get a nice workout on the Convention Center stairs too. :)
As we can see I think there are two real contenders here...at very opposite ends of the spectrum. Running vs. Mexican Fiesta...hmmm...

Regardless of the true winner, (though I believe Callan and Maya's simplistic answers show true dedication to their decision) I think I'll have to make it a personal goal of mine to visit/try out all of the things on this list.

Thanks guys!

- Elli

PS - I'm getting much better at the one-way streets thing for those of you who were concerned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment