Thursday, July 29, 2010

BG Day at the Races...

I have been counting down the days until BG Day at the Races... and it was worth every second of anticipation! Yesterday we all headed down to the Del Mar Race Track  (thanks to Melina for the lift) and settled into our perfectly positioned tables to watch the horses go. The weather was perfect and the track was beautiful as always. 

Our table ordered an unreasonable amount of food (I highly recommend the Crunchy Tempura Green Beans from the Stretch Run Grill) and made bets on all 8 races. There were some really great races (including a photo finish) and some really fabulous horse names. I have realized that I have a lot to learn about the horse racing biz and how to not suck at betting... or "voting" as my table calls it. I tried to pick up on the tips and tricks from the masters (Jon, Becca & Susannah) but it still didn't help my awful luck very much.

After a full day at the track, I left $2.80 richer with a pretty interesting sunburn but I had a fantastic time. Thanks to BG for letting me tag along on such a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment