Monday, June 28, 2010

Halfway-mark recap...

After almost week off to help with the national gymnastics event I've been involved with (it was exhausting but went wonderfully), I am back in action at BG and ready to brighten the day with a fresh blog post. I was asked by my internship coordinator at school to submit a short account of my internship experience thus far for our department website. It is a nice little summary of what I've been up to for the first half of my internship here so I have included it as today's blog post:


Life at Bailey Gardiner is an adventure, every single day. Located in beautiful downtown San Diego, I attend client meetings at the office, I ride a beach cruiser bike all over the city to deliver things to clients, get to tour local print shops, and contribute to the intern blog. I’ve placed third in the office bowling trip, put together cheese platters for a freelancer open house, I’ve tested client websites and watched a dancing gorilla in a tutu serenade one of the ad execs at his desk. As the only resident BG ad intern for the summer, I am here 9 to 5 every day of the week and have already gained an incredible amount of experience in more areas than I could have imagined.

There are parts of this business that have been exactly what I learned at Ball State- brainstorming, creative briefs, mock ups, design, production- all the small pieces are what I expected to see. What has awed me the most is the way these pieces are put together at Bailey Gardiner; learning the processes, attention to detail and communication required for every project and every client interaction is something you could never learn in a class and has been extremely valuable.

Most importantly, my internship at Bailey Gardiner is showing me how exciting a career in advertising at a great company can be. Collecting a group of enthusiastic, creative and talented individuals makes for a wonderful adventure each day and is something I am grateful to be a part of here.


1 comment:

  1. Great post - cool to see an advertising interns perspective. Exciting to see that Ball State has done a good job preparing you for the internship. Also, if you get the time, review BG on InternshipKing - http://www.internshipking.com/bailey-gardiner-internship-reviews

    ReplyDelete