Friday, June 4, 2010

A change of scenery...

Today I am moving desks. After three weeks at BG in the intern corral near the front, I am heading… North? East? I don’t have a compass on me but I am heading to the back to sit with the rest of the ad team!
I have gotten pretty comfortable up here in the front of the office but this is PR and creative territory; I am the only advertising person for as far as the eye can see. My new desk will be back in what the singing gorilla** called “the penalty box.”

Things I will miss about the intern corral:
-working with the other interns and Melina
-getting to see Melina’s adorable and adoptable pitbulls throughout the day
-seeing all the people go in and out of the office
-listening to all the PR girls make their calls
-sitting next to the famous Orange Couch and Rockem & Sockem

Things I’m excited for:
-not having to walk the length of the office to get to Becca or Ryan’s desk
-getting to hear all the action that goes on in the ad room
-having trees painted on the walls around me
-being closer to a window with a pretty view
-getting to see “keep calm and carry on” everytime I walk to my desk

It’s time to start gathering all of my important things for the move later today, and maybe on my next post I’ll have a completely different perspective on things from my new location!

**If you’re wondering if “singing gorilla” was some kind of mistake or a misread, please note that it certainly was not- yesterday for Steve’s birthday, a singing gorilla wearing a tutu and sunglasses came into the office. My new desk will be directly to the right of where the singing gorilla was standing...

1 comment:

  1. moving can be a common thing at times. at least you are closer to all of us now. i hold the record at BG for moving--4!

    ReplyDelete