Today is my last day at Bailey Gardiner. I’m sad to be leaving, but excited to move on and take all my unique experiences with me. In the last three months I have learned quite a bit about the advertising industry as a whole. Most importantly, the long hours and hard work that is needed to be successful in this business as well as the special attention that is given to each and every client. I have also witnessed the energy and creativity that is needed to win a new client. (I hope you guys get it!) . I feel privileged to have been able to attend the Addy Awards. I saw great creative work not only from Bailey Gardiner, but also from many other agencies and students in San Diego.
I have received some great advice from Becca about what it takes to be successful in this business. And I want to thank Melina for all the printer help she has given me. She truly is amazing for understanding how to work that monster machine.
But beyond all the seriousness, I have also learned:
- Good parking spot in the morning = guarantee to run an errand and
thus lose your amazing spot
- Excel is my good friend
- Chick-Fil-A can deliver mass orders (but won’t deliver fries??!!) Weird right?!
- Basic office lingo like EOD and DND
- Taking the bike to Balboa Park is amazing and much better than driving
- Social media is more important than just stating what you did last night
- Research is key!
- Bailey Gardiner is a great company to work for!
So thanks to the Bailey Gardiner family for taking me in under your wing. I truly had a great time working with all of you and hope to run into many of you in the future. Best of luck!