Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Most Exciting Moment While Interning at BG


Everyday is an exciting day here at Bailey Gardiner, however today has become the most exciting day of my Intern career. It started out as a fairly normal day, I came to work and continued my regular routine. Coffee, emails, receiving of my daily schedule, voice mails (rarely have any), continuation of my daily projects, coffee, whatever they throw at me, etc... Today, oh Google AdWords, how very exciting! It seemed to be a normal day until my immediate boss, Becca, included me in a special top secret project: Operation Bike Retrieval.

I have had some experience in the past dealing with hostile environments, none of which however would've prepared me for today's mission. Becca had a beautiful pink Electra cruiser bike that she loved so dearly until it was stolen from her two days ago. She was devastated, couldn't eat anything, couldn't sleep, couldn't continue on living. Until she found her bike for sale on Craigslist and hope was then restored. Becca continued to set up a time with the seller to check out the bike and confirm it was in fact hers. Around 13:00 PST Thursday, January 14th, 2010, we met the enemy face to face. Nerves were running high as we entered the thieves hideout. Becca took the bike for a test ride and confirmed the bike was in fact hers. Questions ensued about how the man obtained the bicycle. He fabricated some unbelievable story, then Becca unveiled the truth, that the bike was hers and the man was busted.

He was defensive, about ready to fight and attack Becca until I stepped in and intervened. Becca took off with the bike, I wrestled the man down with a sleeper-hold maneuver I learned in Boy Scouts. I submitted him into the ground, he was out cold. We escaped the situation with the bike and our lives. I'll never forget that moment, most exciting moment while interning here at Bailey Gardiner, Intern turned Super Hero...

Then I snapped out of my day dream and we rolled up to the house. Becca knocked on the door and the man showed her the bike for sale. She said it was originally hers and that it was stolen. He said go ahead and take your bike, and that was that. Case closed, Operation Bike Retrieval was a success. No ninja moves were needed, just a simple, "Hey, that's my bike and it was stolen" and a "Okay, go ahead and take it back". I look forward to the next top secret Bailey Gardiner Intern mission.

2 comments:

  1. thanks for helping me save my bike jason and for being a part of operation bike retrieval! i couldn't of done it without you. i think it was your 6'7" self that scared the thief and that's why he gave it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who would steal a bike? Unless it had amazing green rims.. I know who to call just in case!

    ReplyDelete