Wednesday, August 12, 2009

PR Intern 2 Has Been Fed

As my last day as a public relations intern at Bailey Gardiner comes to an end (yikes!), I feel the need to look back on my three months at the creative San Diego Agency. It’s been an entertaining and highly enjoyable roller coaster ride from the amazing and energetic people that I met and the accounts that I worked on… The San Diego Museum of Art, NTN Buzztime and briefly The Del Mar Ractrack, right down to all of the invaluable things that I learned about the public relations field. As I exit the ride, I also can’t help but get excited to begin my trip in exploring the rest of the amusement park. The industry is so big and I’ve only just begun.

Below is an overview of the little (and big) things that became so dear to your ‘PR Intern 2’:
  • The daily positive, thought-provoking quotes written on the fridge board that made me scurry back to my desk to get a pen and notebook to jot them down onto – I've collected numerous!
  • My cherished friend Keurig – you were incredibly loyal to me during my three months.
  • Agency days at The Del Mar Racetrack – who could have ever resisted the ponies and people watching?
  • The fabulous Culture and Cocktail events at The San Diego Museum of Art – it was a genius idea to mix socializing with fantastic exhibitions and music – and Avedon C &C is coming up this Thursday, August 13!!!
  • The lively Agency employees who made me endlessly giggle from conversations – overheard and involved in. Their blog reflects this liveliness too!
  • The other hard-working BG interns – whose passion for their field was felt through their determination to do what was necessary in order to do what they love.
And being the literary girl that I am, here’s a wonderful quote to end with. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.”

And I’m off! It’s been great BG! Thanks for the ride!!

1 comment: